Bus Accidents Attorneys Nationwide
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers – (414) 272-5564
Were you hurt in a bus accident while traveling? Collisions involving large commercial vehicles such as buses and trucks can often lead to serious brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. If you played no part in causing the accident, you should not have to pay a part of the costs of recovery and damages related to your injuries.
- Take a look at what sets our team apart from the rest:
- 25+ years of legal & trial experience
- 10.0 “Superb” Avvo Rating
- History of winning case results
- Appreciative client testimonials
We also insist on accepting cases on a contingency fee basis. Using this method of payment, we only accept legal fees when we win your case and land you a settlement or verdict.
Nothing you give us ever comes from your own pocket – we only collect a percentage of the winnings that we secure for you! Get in touch with our injury legal team today.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
Like other motor vehicle accidents, bus crashes are commonly caused by driver error.
Leading causes of bus accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Aggressive driving
- Driver violating traffic laws
- Mechanical errors, equipment failure, brake failure
- Unsafe left turns
It is simply unacceptable for a bus driver to be unqualified, distracted, or behave recklessly behind the wheel. Dozens of passengers can be injured or killed due to one mistake by a driver or the maintenance crew.
Who is Liable in a Bus Accident?
Each personal injury case must be based on liability. A bus accident can create a unique and understandably unclear liability situation, as numerous parties could have contributed to the outcome. Our personal injury lawyers work hard to figure out where liability might lie in your case and help you file a claim against those parties. In some incidents, this could mean seeking partial recoveries from more than one party.
People or parties that could be liable for your bus accident include:
- Bus driver: Any negligence on behalf of a bus driver is entirely unacceptable. Reckless driving, intoxication, distracted driving, or exhaustion can all cause a bus driver to lose control of a large vehicle and cause serious harm to other motorists and the passengers on the bus. When a large bus rear ends or collides into a car, the results can be deadly.
- Maintenance crew: A bus driver will likely not have an in-depth understanding of the condition of the bus they are assigned to for that day. Instead, maintenance crews must inspect and repair buses regularly to ensure no defective parts could cause an accident. If they do not perform their own duties accordingly, they could be the ones to blame for a bus crash.
- Unruly passengers: Anyone who rides on a public transit bus is expected to adhere to acceptable codes of conduct. In particular, they must not intentionally disrupt, harm, or threaten the bus driver. A passenger who intentionally tries to cause a bus accident by distracting the bus driver excessively can be held liable if an accident does occur.
We can handle a wide variety of bus accident claims, including those involving school bus accidents, city buses, and charter buses. Whether you have been injured as a pedestrian or a driver, we can aggressively prosecute your claim so you are able to obtain the compensation you need. We are not afraid to take on big transportation companies such as Greyhound, Badger Bus, Megabus, and even County Transit System and other government municipalities.
How Bus Accidents Differ from Car Accidents
Bus crashes are far more complex than car accidents for a variety of reasons. For one, the resulting injuries are typically more severe and likely to be fatal. There may also be multiple parties to deal with, including the driver, licensing agency, regulatory agency, insurance adjusters, transportation companies, and government agencies.
Dealing with all of these parties at once can be frustrating and confusing because all of these parties will most likely attempt to deny or minimize their role and liability in the accident.
Want Compensation? We Can Help You Pursue It
A devastating bus collision could leave you with a brain injury, spinal cord injury, or any other form of catastrophic injury. To avoid paying for your recovery out of your own finances, you will want to consider litigation to set things right.