Burn Injury Attorneys
National Personal Injury Lawyers – (414) 272-5564
At Casey Law Offices, S.C., our burn injury lawyers understand the importance of providing steadfast and reliable legal representation for burn injury patients. When we take on a burn injury case, we get right to work examining all the available details and evidence on behalf of our clients with just one goal in mind: their maximized recovery. We know that you may be in insufferable pain from your burn injury and fair financial compensation can help you get both the treatments you need and peace of mind. This puts a fighting spirit in us that never wants to let you down.
To learn more about our team, check out our testimonials, case results, or contact us directly.
Causes of Burn Injuries
Many of the worst burn injuries are the result of a single, sudden event that catches people off-guard. It may be caused by a car accident, truck accident, or even a train accident.
People burned the worst in hazardous accidents or incidents are often not directly responsible and therefore should not be held liable for medical bills and other related costs to recover. Instead, many burn injuries are caused by the negligence of others, such as a poorly-manufactured electrical product or a construction site supervisor that does not enforce strict safety standards.
Different sources of dangers that could lead to severe burn injuries include:
- Open flames
- Electrical hazards
- Caustic chemicals
- Superheated surfaces
- Defective appliances
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
Different Degrees of Burn Severity
Medical professionals recognize several different severities of burn injuries, represented by degrees. As the degrees increase, so does the harm, extensiveness, and the cost to treat the wound. In order to know how much your injury claim is worth, it can be beneficial to better comprehend the medical definition of your own burn injury.
Burns are categorized into six degrees, described as:
- First: Mild burn that causes slight reddening of the skin; does not require hospitalization, only basic first aid; can become infected if not treated properly.
- Second: Painful burn that may whiten the skin in the affected area; can potentially cause nerve or muscle damage, leading to permanent injury; immediate medical attention is advised.
- Third: Excruciating burn that destroys deep tissues and blackens flesh; permanent disfigurement likely; skin grafts may be necessary to treat wound; immediate medical attention required.
- Fourth: Intense burn that chars flesh to the bone; amputation is likely; victim may not survive, even with immediate emergency care.
- Fifth & sixth: Burns so severe, internal organs will be permanently damaged; not considered to be survivable in any instance; constitutes a wrongful death lawsuit.
Proven Results, Dedicated Counsel
Our personal injury attorneys believe that you deserve to be off your feet, in bed, and resting after suffering a serious burn injury. The last thing you want to do is probably to have to deal with complicated legal statutes and a stubborn opposing counsel that is trying to put liability back onto you. While you recuperate, let us get to work and do what we have done for more than 25 years: represent clients with professional, compassionate legal counsel.
Our burn injury lawyers are waiting to hear from you. Call our team at (414) 272-5564 today.