Milwaukee Car Accident Attorney
Dedicated Personal Injury Attorney in Milwaukee, WI
Car accidents are more common than you think. According to statistics from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, personal automobiles were responsible for nearly 75% of all auto accidents in the state.
So it's very likely that you will be involved in a car accident sometime in your lifetime. Suppose you are injured in a car accident. In that case, a Milwaukee car accident attorney from our Wisconsin law firm is here to help!
Our car accident lawyers in Milwaukee have represented a wide range of auto accident claims, including those involving:
- Bicycle accidents
- Defective auto parts
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Hit and run accidents
- Multi-vehicle crashes
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rear end collisions
- Rideshare Accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Side-impact collisions
- Sideswipe accidents
- Speeding accidents
- Tailgating accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Truck accidents
- Uninsured motorist accidents
Our accident injury law firm in Milwaukee is dedicated to helping each client obtain the maximum compensation that they need. Our Wisconsin car accident lawyers don't settle for less than what you are entitled to by law.
Call or email us today to schedule a FREE consultation. No fee unless we win!
Learn more about car accidents:
Should I Hire a Car Accident Attorney?
If you have filed a claim and it has been denied or you aren't receiving the treatment you need, you may benefit from consulting a car accident attorney. By hiring an attorney, you will have a team to investigate the accident, compile important and helpful documents, and work hard to ensure that all important deadlines are met.
Working with an attorney has many benefits and can, at its core, allow you to focus on recovery while we focus on getting you the compensation you deserve.
How Can A Car Accident Attorney Help Me?
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, it is important to get professional help as soon as you can. The sooner you hire an attorney, the easier it will be to file a claim and ensure that you receive compensation. Delaying hiring an attorney may delay the process and when you receive your compensation.
A car accident attorney can help you in various ways, from filing your paperwork, to effectively negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf, the list can go on and on. Below we list and discuss some of the best ways that a car accident attorney will be able to help you.
A car accident attorney can help you in the following ways:
- Paperwork: Filing all of the hefty paperwork involved in your case
- Compensation: Helping to maximize your compensation amount
- Negotiation: Tirelessly negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Support: Supporting you psychologically and guiding you through each step
- Legal Advice: Providing you with important legal information and answering all of your questions.
Don't wait - contact our car accident attorneys in Wisconsin today. We have helped individuals struggling after a car accident nationwide, and will fight tirelessly to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation amount that you truly deserve.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
According to Wisconsin Statutes section 893.54, there is a three-year statute of limitations on car accident claims. This means you have three years from the date of your accident to file a claim or you may lose your chance to pursue compensation. There are some exceptions to this three-year rule most notably:
- If the injury victim was a minor at the time of personal injury, they have two years from their 18th birthday to file a claim
- If an individual is found legally mentally incapacitated at the time of personal injury, they have two years from their mental recovery to file
- If the defendant leaves the state after an accident but before a claim can be filed their time of absence is usually not counted in the three-year time period.
When Should I Hire an Auto Accident Attorney in Wisconsin?
Securing legal representation promptly after a car accident is crucial for various reasons. Firstly, an experienced car accident lawyer in Milwaukee, WI can assist in preserving critical evidence pertaining to the incident, which might otherwise be lost or diminished over time. Timely retention of relevant details from the accident scene, such as photographs, traffic camera footage, and vehicle damage, can bolster your case significantly. Additionally, witness statements, which are most reliable when collected immediately post-accident, can further corroborate your claim. Lastly, an attorney can help navigate the legal deadlines and complex filing requirements that come with a car accident claim. Missing these deadlines can result in your case being dismissed, denying you the compensation you might be entitled to for your injuries.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Milwaukee
According to the National Safety Council, there were roughly 4.4 million motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. in 2015, which is more than a 9% increase compared to the previous year’s numbers.
The statistics also show that drunk driving fatalities comprised almost a third of total motor vehicle deaths, and that speed played a major contributing factor in such fatalities as well.
Not surprisingly, this confirms that driver error is a major cause of traffic accidents in Milwaukee. Driving behavior such as:
- Running red lights
- Driving fatigued
- Distracted driving
- Cellphone use
- Overly aggressive driving
- Intoxicated driving
When you’ve been injured by a distracted, reckless, or negligent driver, a Milwaukee car accident lawyer from our law firm is here to help you seek full and fair compensation.
If you find yourself in a motor vehicle collision, make sure you take proper action to protect yourself. Here are some important tips to remember the next time you are involved in a car accident.
- Remain at the scene and call the police. When the police arrive, they will investigate the incident and gather information to determine who is at fault. Make sure you ask for the police officer’s name and badge number, as well as how to obtain a copy of the police report for your records.
- Gather Information. Obtain information such as: Other driver information: Names, addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license numbers, insurance company information Witness contacts: Names, phone numbers, addresses, emails, etc.
- Document Evidence. Take as many pictures as you can of your car, the damage, the streets, and anything else at the scene. You should also document the weather conditions and the roads at the time, as these factors may have had an important role in your accident.
- Call a car accident lawyer. A Milwaukee car accident lawyer can guide you through the claims process and help you pursue a claim for compensation. Before talking to insurance companies or accepting any settlement offers, always consult an attorney to learn your rights. Our car accident lawyers provide free consultations.
Tips on How to File a Car Accident Claim
When filing a car accident claim, preparation and knowing your rights are key. Here are some useful tips to improve your chances of a successful claim.
- Don’t wait. As soon as possible, start preparing your claim. There are deadlines for submitting a car accident claim. Know what your deadlines are and take action quickly.
- Get organized. Prepare the documents you will need. These usually include medical bills, estimates for car repairs, car rental receipts, police reports, witness statements, photographic evidence, and more. Be sure you have copies of everything you plan to submit.
- Know your rights. You are not obligated to provide a statement to the insurance company. They may try to record your statement or pressure you to discuss the accident in detail. If you have a lawyer, you can ask that they speak with your attorney.
- Don’t accept the first offer. The first offer is usually a small percentage of what the insurer believes to be the true value of your claim. You can negotiate the offer. A skilled attorney knows how to accurately assess whether a settlement offer is fair.
Filing a claim on your own can be confusing and overwhelming. Not to mention, dealing with insurance adjusters can be stressful. If you need assistance, contact our auto accident attorney. Or better yet, have our attorneys handle your claim from the very start while you focus on recovering.
What Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
Injured victims are eligible to recover all costs associated with the accident, including economic damages and other intangible costs.
Damages can include:
- Medical costs and treatment
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death damages if a loved one was killed
We understand that car accident injuries are often complex because some clients may need ongoing medical treatment that can last for years. Our car accident lawyers work with a vast network of accident and medical experts to investigate, analyze, and prepare a claim. We make sure that all of your current and future expenses are accounted for.
Trusted Legal Services for the Injured
Casey Law Offices has a proven track record of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for clients. We have successfully handled many complex auto collision injury cases, time after time. Our Milwaukee personal injury law firm can personally guide you through the claims process, from negotiation all the way to litigation.
To speak with an experienced personal injury attorney, schedule a free consultation at our law office. We can help you determine who is liable for your car accident, explore your legal damages, and go over your options for compensation.
- 4 Simple Steps to Reduce Your Chances of Getting into a Car Accident
- Wisconsin Car Insurance Laws
- Who's at Fault - A Discussion of Accident Liability