Defective Environmental Product Liability Lawyer
Holding Negligent Manufacturers Accountable
Dangerous and defectively designed consumer products can cause serious injuries or deaths. Sometimes products are placed on the market in good faith and over time, an unanticipated defect is discovered. In other cases, companies may have intentionally concealed evidence of a dangerous defect, such as the famous Ford Pinto cases in the early 1970s, which has caused numerous car accidents.
When manufacturers push a product to market without proper testing or quality control, it is important for consumers to hold them accountable for this negligence. Casey Law Offices is dedicated to prosecuting defective product claims and helping clients recover full and fair compensation for their injuries. Our law firm has successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and we are ready to help you next.
Product defects can include:
- Design defects that make the inherent design of a product dangerous to use
- Manufacturing defects that occurred during the creation of the product, leading to unintended, dangerous flaws
- Marketing defects, such as inadequate warning labels and improper instructions
Depending on the source of the accident, we may be able to pursue compensation from the manufacturer, marketer, designer, or all of the above. Our injury lawyers work with experts who can help evaluate the product for defects and identify the actual cause of your injuries.
Defective Product Cases We Handle
We can represent a wide range of product liability claims. Our personal injury attorney has a vast network of experts who can assess a product for defects and evaluate the extent of a client's injuries. We are able to handle all types of defective product claims, no matter how complex an injury.
Examples of common environmental product liability cases:
Proving Fault in a Defective Environmental Product Liability Case
A solid environmental product liability case must have several elements:
- 1) You suffered injuries or damages after using the product in question. If you almost suffered injuries or suffered no injuries, then it will be nearly impossible to recover compensation.
- 2) The product you used contained a defect or did not provide adequate instructions or warnings. Companies have an obligation to make sure their products are safe and contain proper instructions for the user.
- 3) Your injuries were directly caused by the defective product.
- 4) You used the product the way it was intended. Did you use a chair as a step stool and fell? Did you make modifications to a product? If you used a product outside of what the manufacturer intended, then you may not have a strong case.
Do The Following If You Are Injured by a Defective Product:
- Preserve the product. Do not throw it away or attempt to return it to the store. Keep the product so that it can be thoroughly examined for defects.
- Document evidence. Take pictures of the product, record the serial number, make copies of the instruction manuals, and any other items associated with the product.
- Get witness statements. If there were others who witnessed your accident, it will be helpful to obtain their contact information so they can provide statements.
- Seek medical attention. See a doctor as soon as possible so he or she can treat you for injuries. Be sure to follow up with your appointments and continue your physician's treatment plan.
- Talk to an attorney. An attorney will be able to evaluate whether you have a case and help you prepare a solid claim.
You Only Pay Us If We Win: (414) 272-5564
At Casey Law Offices, we do not charge legal fees until after we win a case. You can get started on your case with no upfront or out-of-pocket costs. Discuss your case and learn your options for compensation today during a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer. If you have the defective or dangerous product that harmed you, feel free to bring it in during your consultation. Remember to take pictures and preserve the product as evidence.